Prof. Dr. Zeno EndersMacroeconomics
Members of the chair conduct research on national and international business cycles.
They use empirical and theoretical methods to deal with macroeconomic questions, including their international dimension. Examples include the effects of expectations and monetary policy on economic activity and inflation, as well as the analysis of risk sharing in monetary unions. An additional emphasis lies on using experimental methods to study behavioral aspects in macroeconomics. Members of the chair offer courses on the economic policy and macroeconomics.
- New publication (Benjamin Born, Jonas Dovern and Zeno Enders): Expectation Dispersion, Uncertainty, and the Reaction to News was accepted for publication in the European Economic Review
- New paper version (Sarah Arndt and Zeno Enders): Shock transmissions in different inflation regimes.
- Zeno Enders is visiting the Banque de France during the summer..
- New paper version (Benjamin Born, Zeno Enders and Jonas Dovern): Expectation dispersion, uncertainty, and the reaction to news.
- Dr. Christopher Zuber (German Council of Economic Experts) was invited by the Chair to give a talk on ˮEnergiekrise Solidarisch bewältigen, neue Realität gestalten: Das Jahresgutachten des Sachverständigenrates” as part of the lecture series ˮVWL in der Praxis”, on January 17, 16.15-17.45, in room 04a, Neue Uni. Everybody interested is welcome. The talk will be in German.
- New paper version (Benjamin Born, Zeno Enders, Gernot Müller, Manuel Menkhoff, and Knut Niemann):: Firm Expectations and News: Micro v Macro.
- New working paper (Sarah Arndt and Zeno Enders): Shock transmissions in different inflation regimes
- The third installment of the HeiTüHo Workshop on International Financial Markets takes place in Hohenheim on December 16 and 17.
- The July issue of the journal econo features an interview with Zeno Enders, dealing with inflation forecasts, monetary policy, and the effects of inflation on different sectors of the economy (in German).
- The article “Das späte Ende der Nullzinspolitik” in the newspaper Süddeutsche Zeitung features some statements by Zeno Enders regarding montary policy reactions to supply shocks.
- Dr. Lars Other (German Council of Economic Experts) was invited by the Chair to give a talk on ˮTransformation gestalten: Bildung, Digitalisierung und Nachhaltigkeit: Das Jahresgutachten des Sachverständigenrates” as part of the lecture series ˮVWL in der Praxis”, on June 6, 16.15-17.45, in room 00.010 at Campus Bergheim. Everybody interested is welcome. The talk will be in German.
- Zeno Enders chaired a panel on central bank communication at the ZEW workshop "Das EZB-Zielsystem – angemessene Ausdifferenzierung oder drohende Überfrachtung?".
- Zeno Enders presented his research on “(Ir)rational Firm Expectations and their Effects” to AWI students. The slides can be found here.
- New publication (Christian Conrad, Franziska Hünnekes, and Gernot Müller): Firm Expectations and Economic Activity was accepted for publication in the Journal of the European Economic Association.
- The chapter Firm expectations about production and prices: Facts, determinants, and effects (Benjamin Born, Zeno Enders, Gernot Müller, and Knut Niemann) is forthcoming in the Handbook of Economic Expectations (Elsevier).