Jun.Prof. Dr. Florian Diekert
Room: 217 (FZU)
Bergheimer Str. 20
Email: email@example.com Photo:(c) Fezoni@ storyloop
Office hour: Please make an appointment via
- Environmental and Natural Resource Economics
- Sustainable Development
- Game Theory
My work centers on humans and their inter-relations with the social and natural environment. With the help of the ERC Starting Grant “NATCOOP”, I aim to generate a better understanding of how nature shapes preferences and incentives of economic agents and how this in turn affects common-pool resource management.
Education and Employment
- since August 2016: Assistant Professor (Junior Professor) AWI, Heidelberg University
- Oct 2011 – July 2016: PostDoc/Assistant Professor Uni Oslo
- Oct 2011 PhD in Economics, University of Oslo
- Nov 2007 MPhil in Economics, University of Oslo
- Aug 2005 BA in International Relations, TU Dresden
- June 2001 Abitur, Kepler Gymnasium Tübingen
Selected publications (full list)
- Diekert F, Eymess T, Luomba J, and Waichman I: The creation of social norms under weak institutions, Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, forthcoming.
- Diekert F (2017): Threatening Thresholds? The effect of potential regime shifts on the non-cooperative use of environmental goods and services, Journal of Public Economics, vol. 147(2), pp.30-49
- Diekert F, and Schweder T (2017): Disentangling the effects of policy reform and environmental changes in the Norwegian coastal cod fishery, Land Economics, vol.\ 93(4), pp.689-709
- Diekert F, Mysterud A, Richter A, Rivrud IM (2016): How constraints affect the hunter's decision to shoot a deer, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 113(50), pp.14450-14455.
- Diekert F (2012): Growth Overfishing: The race to fish extends to the dimension of size. Environmental and Resource Economics, vol. 52, pp. 549-572.
Selected work in progress and submitted papers:
- Diekert F, König-Kersting C, and Goeschl, T: Awareness of human cause helps avoid system collapse
- Schaap RJ, Gonzalez E, Silva K, and Diekert F: Risk, restrictive quotas, and income smoothing
- Diekert F, Eymess T: Changing collective action – Norm Nudges and Team Decisions, AWI Discussion Paper Series No. 709, December 2021.
- Diekert F, Heyen D, Nesje F, and Shayegh S: Early warning signals
- Diekert F and RJ: Does nature shape risk- and social preferences? Evidence from Chile, Norway and Tanzania